Showmax is a subsidiary of Naspers which offers the user access to thousands of hours of local and international movies and series. Showmax offers best blockbusters to familiar favourites and its available on several devices hence the user can be entertained from home or on the move.
Showmax platform is run by South Africa’s giant firm Naspers. Showmax offers consumers a free 14-day trial and subscribers get the service for Ksh250 only per three months. This is significantly cheaper than its competitors Netflix, Amazon Prime and iFlix, and is a saving of Ksh2 390.
Devices that supports showmax;
- Apple iPhones and iPads running iOS 9.3 or higher
- Apple TV running tvOS 10.0 or higher
- Android phones and tablets running Android 4.1.0 or higher
- Android TV running Android 4.1.0 or higher.
- Personal Computers
- Samsung Smart TVs (2012 and later)
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs (2015 and later)
- LG NetCast Smart TVs (2012 to 2014)
- LG WebOS Smart TVs (2014 and later)
- Hisense Smart TVs (Selected models, Africa only)
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4 (Poland and South Africa only)
- DStv Explora (Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa only)
- Apple AirPlay
- Google Cast
How to sign up
You can sign up and subscribe on the Showmax website https://www.showmax.com/eng/welcome/za
Subscription option available in showmax
Showmax gives access to their full library by offering a single subscription option.
In Poland, registered users without a subscription get access to selected content for free. This option is called Showmax Start.
How the 14 days free trial works
New subscribers who provide direct, recurring payment details (e.g. Credit Card, Paypal) receive a free trial to try out the service. You may cancel at any time, if not you will be billed automatically at the end of the trial period. Subscribers using a pre-paid payment method (e.g. Vouchers) will not receive a free trial. Subscribers who are paying through a partner may get a free trial depending on the partner offer.
Devices supported by showmax at ago
Your Showmax subscription allows you to watch on two devices simultaneously on up to five registered devices.
How to pay for Showmax with M-Pesa?
- Go to Showmax to sign up or sign in.
- Ensure the M-Pesa number that you use to pay for your Showmax account is the same as the mobile number registered on your Showmax account
- Pay KSh 250 using your M-Pesa number to Paybill: 852552. Wait for your confirmation SMS.
- On the payments page, click ‘validate M-Pesa’ to start watching.