Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) requires that anyone who expects to earn any income from Kenya must have a PIN number. A PIN is a Personal Identification Number used while doing business with Kenya Revenue Authority, other Government agencies and service providers. This applies to both Residents and Non- residents.
Additionally every PIN holder is required to file their returns every year. In order to do this, one needs to follow the steps below :
The steps :
- Login to KRA itax portal using your PIN and password. Link : itax portal
- Once logged in,Click on Returns -> File Return
- Select Income Tax Non Resident under Tax Obligation
- you will be taken back to the earliest year you need to comply
- Upload the Dully Filled Returns File
- Go to My Receipts and check if you have associated penalties (ussually Kes 2000 for each year not filled) .