The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) introduced the Transport Integrated Management System (TIMS) that enables the car owners register and transfer ownership. The online process is more effective and takes less time compared to the older manual process.
In addition to transfer of ownership, the TIMS platform has the following services available;
- Application for Change of particulars
- Duplicate logbook application
- Smart DL (driving licence) appointment Booking ,details Steps
- Vehicle inspection booking
- Online Search (for motor vehicles ,motor cycles ,driving schools and PSV)
The following steps will guide you in registering your account on TIMS and applying for log book online;
- Click http://tims.ntsa.go.ke/ to create an account on TIMS
- Once you have created an account, click on vehicle registration then transfer of ownership.
- Select ‘create new’ button and type the registration number of the vehicle you want to transfer and click on inquire button.
- Upload a scanned copy of the logbook
- On clicking on the add button, input the ID No. and KRA Pin of the buyer. Tick on the disclaimer button and code will be sent to your phone or email.
- Click next, add the page shows the basic information of the vehicle to be transferred including the new owner details. Then submit the application
- You can now make payments via MPESA, credit or prepaid card or pay cash any KCB bank branch/agent.
- Once the seller submits the application. The buyer has to login in his TIMS account and accept ownership. The buyer is sent a verification code to their phone.
- Key in the details of the person who will pick the logbook indicating the station which you prefer to pick the new logbook.
NTSA takes fourteen working days to process the new logbook. The old logbook has to be surrendered on collecting the new one.